When women connect around an idea to improve lives, anything is possible.
Our Women’s Leadership Council engages local women leaders to inspire other women to take action, create long-lasting change in the community, support financial literacy and health initiatives for women and girls.
WLC membership offers a wonderful opportunity to network with local women business leaders, share ideas, create events, support meaningful initiatives, and offer valuable skills and expertise to support WLC initiatives.
Our collective work ensures we will impact other women for generations to come. Click here for more details on the great work we’ve done over the last three years!
Why You Should Be a Member of the Women’s Leadership Council
The United Way Women’s Leadership Council of Pioneer Valley is a powerful local network of caring women who are standing up and taking action to address our community’s most critical issues. We are one of 140 United Way Women’s Leadership Councils across the U.S. — a national network of 55,000 women united by our passion and unified by our mission to advance the Common Good in our communities to make a better life for us all.
What We Do
What sets us apart is that members engage hands-on in driving change in our community. Beyond an annual financial contribution, members can invest their time, professional expertise, and talent to advance causes we care passionately about. The United Way Women’s Leadership Council of Pioneer believes all women should have financial stability. Members are influencing legislation, enhancing State education standards, and implementing grassroots programs to improve the entire network of care and support that leads to success in health and education.
The Membership Experience
- Connect with a powerful network of caring women, locally and nationally
- Get involved in the way that is right for you: − Make an annual contribution − Volunteer your time, professional expertise, and talent − Advocate at the local, State, or national level
- Attend local United Way Women’s Leadership Council meetings and social events
- Attend United Way National Way Women’s Leadership Council annual conference
- Receive updates on projects and programs
- Engage in making a better life for all in our community
WLC of Pioneer Valley Steering Committee
- Liz Adzima, United Way of Pioneer Valley
- Dawn Creighton, Associated Industries of MA
- Sylvia deHaas-Phillips, Bay Path University
- Kathryn Dube, Berkshire Bank (Committee Chair)
- Dianne Fuller Doherty, retired
- Betsy Gaberman
- Colleen Holmes, Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA
- Marjorie Hurst, AFAM Point of View
- Denise Jordan, City of Springfield
- Haydee Lamberty-Rodriguez
- Susan McCoy, Cooley, Shrair
- Carol Moore-Cutting, WEIB – 106.3 Smooth FM
- Lucy Perez, Springfield Public Schools
- Dora Robinson, United Way of Pioneer Valley
- Adrienne Smith, Springfield Technical Community College
- Yvonne Williams, United Way of Pioneer Valley
How to Join