It’s a power that we all have. It’s standing up for others and what you believe in your heart. It can be championing a cause. Or simply not being silent. United Way of Pioneer Valley invites you to be part of the change by speaking up to influence the condition of all.
Who is an Advocate? You Are.
- If you tell your friend, neighbor, loved one or family member that you give to United Way, you’re an advocate.
- If you work with a Partner Program and speak on behalf of United Way, you’re an advocate.
- If you volunteer with United Way as a member of a committee, impact team or board of directors you’re an advocate.
- If you serve United Way as a workplace campaign coordinator or member of the campaign cabinet, you’re an advocate.
Lend Your Voice.
We need your voice, your passion and above all, your willingness to improve the lives of those around us by sharing your United Way experience with others. Whether you’re speaking out to improve education, address issues that affect children and youth, fund emergency needs programs, reaching out to members of Congress or volunteering your time, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow.
LIKE us on Facebook! Include us in ads. Show support in email signatures, signage, receipt tape, table tents, etc. Get involved with United Way of Pioneer Valley.
Here are a few ways you can help us spread the word about the work we are doing to advance the common good…
• Share a fact sheet
• Put issue on Board or Committee agenda
• Sign up for additional information on the issue
• Host a United Way coffee to talk about our community impact
• Forward our eNewsletter (sign up here if you don’t get it yet)
• Share in conversation; talk to your colleagues
• Share on your blog
• Comment online in related articles or posts
• Post/repost on Facebook (LIKE us here if you haven’t yet)
• Tweet or re-Tweet (follow us here if you don’t yet)
Throughout our history, United Way has done extraordinary work to improve people’s lives and build strong communities.
With our focus on community impact, United Way of Pioneer Valley has a key role to play in advocating for good public policy. Without community input, our priorities in Education, Income and Health will lose critical government policy and funding support.
Join us and advocate for an Education, Income, Health or nonprofit strengthening issues that you are passionate about. Your voice can have an impact on public policy decisions.