The mission of Students Engage Springfield is to expand and create new outlets for college students to connect to Service-Learning community engagement opportunities in Greater Springfield, MA. United Way of Pioneer Valley will convene meetings to cultivate relationships between community partners and colleges. The year will culminate with an annual Volunteer and Service-Learning event November 12th.
Who can participate?
- Students attending colleges in the Pioneer Valley
- Colleges in the Pioneer Valley, specifically Hampden County, South Hadley, and Granby
- Nonprofit partners serving Greater Springfield communities
How are students matched?
Students will attend the event on Thursday November 12th to learn about:
- Springfield’s history and culture
- Responsibilities of volunteers and interns
- Best practices of aligning community engagement with educational and professional goals
- Volunteer and Internship opportunities offered by nonprofit partners
Local Schools and Universities Participating
- American International College
- Bay Path University
- Elms College
- Mt. Holyoke
- Springfield College
- Springfield Technical Community College
- UMASS Amherst
- UMASS Center at Springfield
- Westover Job Corps.
- Western New England University
Local Nonprofits Participating
- Action Centered Tutoring
- Mass Mentoring Partnership
- Springfield Boys and Girls Club
- Springfield Partners for Community Action
- Springfield School Volunteers
- United Way of Pioneer Valley
- We the Villagers
Students Engage Springfield Event:
Date: Thursday November 12th
Time: 1:00pm – 4:30pm
Location: UMASS Center at Springfield
Address: 1500 Main Street, Springfield MA (2nd floor)
For more details on the event, click on the flyer:
Students Engage Springfield Flyer
This event will benefit college students and staff.
Contact our Manager of Community Impact at United Way of Pioneer Valley: LaTonia Monroe Naylor 1441 Main Street, Suite 147, Springfield MA 01103
Phone – 413-693-0215 Email – email@example.com