The Stay in School initiative engages the entire community – youth, schools, caring adults, media, business leaders and others in reaching out to those who care for children in Springfield Public Schools to play a role in encouraging increased daily attendance.
Become a Partner
Any organization that would like to help United Way of Pioneer Valley and Springfield Public Schools spread the Stay in School message is invited to be a partner. Please complete the Stay in School Partnership Agreement and email to email@example.com or fax to 413-788-4130.
- Stay in School Partnership Agreement
- Reasons and Tips Handout
- Reasons and Tips Handout – Spanish
- Stay in School Messaging – Sell Sheet (for organizations to share with adults)
- Stay in School Blank Presentation with Stay in School and Springfield Public School logos)
- Stay in School Videos Playlist
- Springfield Stay in School Partners
Know the Attendance Facts
Reasons for Approved Absences in the Springfield Public Schools:
- Student illness
- Student’s medical or dental appointment
- Death in the family
- Observance of religious holiday
- Court appearance for the student
Daily attendance, at all grade levels, leads to increased academic success and high school graduation. The whole community can play a part in improving attendance.
Spread the word:
- On average K-12 students in the Springfield Public Schools attend school 93% of the time. This means youth are missing 13 days per year.
- Missing just 1.5 days per month for any reason means a child is at risk of having to repeat a grade. Even excused absences matter.
- It is never too late to help children develop good habits that will stay with them through high school, college and the workplace.
- Showing up to school is the first step toward academic success.
- Attending school regularly helps students feel better about school and about themselves.
To learn more about how you can partner with us, contact LaTonia Monroe Naylor at 413-693-0215 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.