What is Youth-Generate?
Youth Generate is a United Way program that inspires young people to assess their communities and develop projects that meet a unique or specific community need. Youth-Generate provides another door of opportunity for our young people:
• Enables youth to become change-makers by developing entrepreneurial skills to solve community problems.
• Empowers youth by allowing them to take the initiative and lead community change.
• Engages youth in their communities, allowing them to recognize their role and the positive impact they can create.
Youth engagement helps youth assume a role that expects and encourages them to lead in positive social change and replicate that example throughout life.
- Chestnut South Middle School
- Chestnut North Middle School
- East Longmeadow High School
- Elias Brookings Elementary School
- Ludlow High School
- Minnechaug Regional High School
- Palmer High School
- Putnam Vocational Technical Academy
- Southwick-Tolland Regional High School
- Springfield Central High School
- Springfield High School of Commerce
- Van Sickle Middle School
- Westfield Vocational Technical Academy
YouthGenerate in the news
LaTonia Naylor (Community Impact Manager) and Caleigh O’Brien talk about YouthGenerate:
Southwick-Tolland Regional High School’s Beautification Project at the Forest Park Zoo
Putnam Vocational Academy’s “Say Yes to that Dress” Project:
Van Sickle Middle School’s “Diversity and Awareness” Project:Van Sickle Student Project Welcomes Refugee Children JFS PRESS RELEASE 5-15-15
Spread the word!
If you know a school or community-based organization that is interested in participating in Youth-Generate, refer them to our Manager of Community Impact at UWPV:
LaTonia Monroe Naylor
1441 Main Street, Suite 147, Springfield MA 01103 Phone – 413-693-0215
Email – email@example.com